ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR NAVIGATORS
Pewsey Vale School will have a team of Senior Navigators. They have to go through a rigorous interview process and work with the Headteacher to represent and improve the school. Senior Navigators are the school’s role models. If you are a student with an excellent record of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and uniform, who has demonstrated a commitment to the school and in addition have already undertaken the role of navigator, then you are a suitable candidate. A summary of the main responsibilities and tasks are - Representing the school at certain events, organising the navigator team in years 7-10 and ensuring that student voice is evident throughout the whole school community.
- You will meet with your assigned year team of navigators on a weekly basis and facilitate the running of activities and contributing to the school council.
- Attend School Council meetings and ensure that your year group are represented.
- You will attend a variety of public functions during the year.
- You need to feel confident and comfortable talking to both adults and students.
- You need to have good organisational and communication skills and have a mature and thoughtful outlook.
- To liaise with the Head Girl and Head Boy to help organise and plan regular meetings with the School Council and ensure that decisions are carried out.
- To carry out weekly duties at break and lunch.
- To work with the younger students, navigators, undertake peer mentoring.
- To be internal and external ambassadors for the school and to act as role models for all students at Pewsey Vale School.
- To organise and promote key charitable events across the school.
- To act as a Peer Mediator for the students in the lower years (training will be given)
- Help organise Leavers’ Prom through a student committee working closely with staff
- Any other duties that may be reasonably called upon to undertake by Senior Members of staff
- Work well in a team
- Time-management and very good organisational skills
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Willingness to get to know the students in the lower years
- Clear judgement
- All current Year 10 students who meet the criteria are eligible to stand. You must have previously held a navigator position.
If you wish to run for head student you must provide the following:
- A formal letter of application, addressed to the Headteacher, which covers the following points explaining why you believe you will make a good head girl/boy (please limit this to one side of A4)
- How you have supported the ethos of Pewsey Vale School so far in your time with us.
- How you will continue to support the ethos of Pewsey Vale School.
- The specific contributions you will make to the life of Pewsey Vale School.
- Your personal qualities.
- Your style of leadership.
- How you will promote yourself as a positive role model for peers and younger students.
Please give specific examples of achievements which demonstrate these qualities.