ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD GIRL AND HEAD BOY
Pewsey Vale School will have one Head Girl and one Head Boy. They have to go through a rigorous interview process and work with the Headteacher to represent and improve the school. Senior Navigators are the school’s role models, the Head Girl/Boy are their role models and leaders. If you are a student with an excellent record of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and uniform, who has demonstrated a commitment to the school, then you are a suitable candidate. A summary of the main responsibilities and tasks are - Representing the school at certain events (including making speeches), managing the Navigators, showing visitors around, meeting with school council, reporting to Governors.
- You will jointly chair the School Council. You will make sure that student voice is represented in key decisions and developments within Pewsey Vale School.
- You will represent Pewsey Vale School and student body at a variety of public functions during the year, including prospective parents’ evenings for Year 7.
- You need to feel confident and comfortable talking to and in front of both adults and students.
- You need to have good organisational and communication skills and have a mature and thoughtful outlook.
- To organise and plan regular meetings with the School Council and ensure that decisions are carried out.
- To represent and speak for all students in Pewsey Vale School and support and prepare activities that encourages and supports the learning of others.
- To be internal and external ambassadors for the school and to act as role models for all students at Pewsey Vale School.
- To give key presentations about the school, for example to prospective parents and students at school events.
- To greet important visitors to Pewsey Vale School.
- To be involved in assemblies.
- To report to the Senior Leadership Team every half term.
- To attend one Governor’s meeting and report on how student voice has had an impact on the school’s planning.
- To co-ordinate a team of Senior Navigators
- To ensure that Senior Navigators perform their duties adequately
- To act as a Peer Mediator for the students in the lower years (training will be given)
- Help organise Leavers’ Prom through a student committee working closely with staff
- Charity and fund-raising events
- Any other duties that may be reasonably called upon to undertake by Senior Members of staff
- Work well in a team
- Time-management and very good organisational skills
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Willingness to get to know the students in the lower years
- Clear judgement
- All current Year 10 students who meet the criteria are eligible to stand
If you wish to run for head student you must provide the following:
- A formal letter of application, addressed to the Headteacher, which covers the following points explaining why you believe you will make a good head girl/boy (please limit this to one side of A4)
- How you have supported the ethos of Pewsey Vale School so far in your time with us.
- How you will continue to support the ethos of Pewsey Vale School.
- The specific contributions you will make to the life of Pewsey Vale School.
- Your personal qualities.
- Your style of leadership.
- How you will promote yourself as a positive role model for peers and younger students.
Please give specific examples of achievements which demonstrate these qualities.