ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR DEPUTY HEAD GIRL AND DEPUTY HEAD BOY
Pewsey Vale School will have one Deputy Head Girl and one Deputy Head Boy. They have to go through a rigorous interview process and work with the Headteacher to represent and improve the school. Senior Navigators are the school’s role models, the Deputy Head Girl/Boy are their role models and leaders. If you are a student with an excellent record of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and uniform, who has demonstrated a commitment to the school, then you are a suitable candidate. A summary of the main responsibilities and tasks are - Representing the school at certain events, deputising for the Head Girl and Head Boy, managing the senior team in operational duties, attending school council meetings.
- You will attend School Council meetings and chair these in the absence of the Head Girl and Head boy. You will circulate agendas and take minutes for the meetings.
- You will attend a variety of public functions during the year, including prospective parents’ evenings for Year 7 and represent the student body.
- You need to feel confident and comfortable talking to both adults and students.
- You need to have good organisational and communication skills and have a mature and thoughtful outlook.
- To deputise for the Head Girl and Head Boy in their absence.
- To liaise with the Head Girl and Head Boy to help organise and plan regular meetings with the School Council and ensure that decisions are carried out.
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team to create a duty rota and ensure that all Senior Navigators are fulfilling their duties.
- To be internal and external ambassadors for the school and to act as role models for all students at Pewsey Vale School.
- To act as a Peer Mediator for the students in the lower years (training will be given)
- Help organise Leavers’ Prom through a student committee working closely with staff
- Any other duties that may be reasonably called upon to undertake by Senior Members of staff
- Work well in a team
- Time-management and very good organisational skills
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Willingness to get to know the students in the lower years
- Clear judgement
- All current Year 10 students who meet the criteria are eligible to stand
If you wish to run for head student you must provide the following:
- A formal letter of application, addressed to the Headteacher, which covers the following points explaining why you believe you will make a good head girl/boy (please limit this to one side of A4)
- How you have supported the ethos of Pewsey Vale School so far in your time with us.
- How you will continue to support the ethos of Pewsey Vale School.
- The specific contributions you will make to the life of Pewsey Vale School.
- Your personal qualities.
- Your style of leadership.
- How you will promote yourself as a positive role model for peers and younger students.
Please give specific examples of achievements which demonstrate these qualities.