During year 9 students will be asked to indicate their option choices. They will be asked the following:
1. Their first choice between History, Geography, French and German
2. The second choice; free choice from the list of subjects below (first preference)
3. Their third choice; free choice from the list of subjects below (second preference)
They will then be asked to give two reserve choices, again in preference order.
1. Reserve one; free choice from the list of subjects below
2. Reserve two; free choice from the list of subjects below
We are pleased to be able to offer a combination of existing successful courses, as well as some new options this academic year. I must stress, that not all subjects on this list will run in September; but we are now in a position to teach these courses due to changes in staffing.
The ‘long list’ of choices is below:
• Design technology
• Art craft & design
• Food Preparation and nutrition
• Hospitality and catering (new)
Courses that are running will be presented to year 9 in options assemblies from Monday 14th March onwards - Options assembly letter
The finalised option blocks will be shared with you on the options evening on Thursday March 24th.