We are pleased that you are expressing an interest in Pewsey Vale School and hope that the following provides you with as much information as possible in order for you to make an informed choice on choosing our school for your child.
If you require additional information, please use the contact form below or contact the school office directly on 01672 565000.
What can Pewsey Vale Offer?
Academic Focus – Every Child Makes Progress
• We offer Targeted intervention every 6 weeks for those who require additional support.
• Year 9 options cater for the needs of each individual cohort.
• Additional support is offered to students during a Period 0 session for Lower School or a Period 7 session for Upper School.
• Exam Preparation Sessions for Upper School
• Daily Homework Club for Lower School
Read more about Lower School Curriculum
Pastoral Support – Targeting the whole child
• We are a small and extremely supportive school which means that we get to know our students really well and can cater to their individual needs.
• We provide personal support for All.
• Support for students with parents in the Armed Forces.
• Identified as a “Lead Behaviour” School.
• Zero tolerance to bullying.
• Our ethos is that happier children become confident, successful children.
Read more about Pastoral Support
The Aspire Programme – Targeting the Most Able
• Students identified at the beginning of each academic year.
• University visits to Bath Spa and Oxford.
• Aspire activities within each department
• An Aspire booklet for parents, to help them work with their children in targeted areas.
Wider School – A great range of Opportunities
• Marlborough College Link – Two KS4 students chosen to experience an Outward Bound adventure to Canada. Scholarship opportunity offered to our students to study A Level at the college every year.
• Residential trips both in the UK and abroad.
• Ski Trip.
• Sports Clubs and Fixtures.
• Geography Field Trips.
It is always a good idea to visit all the schools you and your child are considering as it provides you with a great opportunity to experience, first-hand, how each school is run and to meet the staff and students.
We, at Pewsey Vale School, would be delighted to welcome you and to show you how our school can be the perfect start to a learning and nurturing environment that will take your child on the academic road to success.
To arrange a visit, please either use the contact form below or call our school office on 01672 565000.
Out of Catchment?
There is an increasing number of students applying to join us from outside of our catchment area. Students that have joined us from these areas have had a positive experience and have been welcomed into the school community by our students. We have a number of transport options for students out of catchment available. Please contact us for more information.
What do Alumni say?
“I took four A-levels and got an A in Law, an A in History an A* in Sociology and an A* in English Language. I’m going to the University of Manchester to study law. The teachers at Pewsey gave me confidence in myself. Pewsey for me broke the stereotype that school can’t be fun.”
“I am going to Winchester University to study Sports Science next year. Going to Pewsey allowed me to take a huge range of subjects and achieve high grades in all of them due to the hard work of the teachers. Taking such diverse subjects allowed me to be better prepared when making a decision on what I wanted to do in higher education”
Download our prospectus here:
We like to keep all prospective parents and students updated on the admissions process and school news. Fill in the form below and subscribe to email updates:
How do I apply?
Select the type of application that best meets the needs of your family: